1:1 Teaching Assistant
£24,000 – £28,000
Type: Fixed term contract
We are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to provide 1:1 support for a 12 year old boy who is a happy young man with Cerebral Palsy, who enjoys to have a good laugh. Our client is non-verbal and uses an Eye Gaze to help him communicate. He is also a wheelchair user. Our client has a very friendly family, including two mums and two brothers.
If you are enthusiastic, have an excellent sense of humour, and would love to support our client alongside his teachers, family and therapy team, we would love to meet you!
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience of providing educational support for young people with additional needs, encouraging choice and independence for them
- Evidence of ongoing professional development, relevant to the role
- Sound knowledge of relevant special needs and the Code of Practice for SEN
- Can demonstrate knowledge of how young people learn and how to create and maximise learning opportunities
- A passion for education and enabling young people to reach their goals
- Ability to work collaboratively with family and school and respect their wishes and boundaries
- Ability to communicate clearly, use recommended strategies and to implement guidance from professionals
- A pro-active approach and ability to role-model high standard and expectations for the client
- Ability to carry out a degree of personal care, whilst maintaining the dignity and privacy of the young person
- Ability to assess and manage risk appropriately, seeking support when required
- Can demonstrate an understanding of regulations and legislation within Education and Health & Social care, including Safeguarding guidelines
- Can demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn and adapt ideas
- A commitment to inclusion, and a positive attitude towards young people with additional needs
- Excellent Literacy, Numeracy and ICT skills
- Experience of using Eye Gaze technology for communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a quality case management company which values long term personal and professional development and treats staff with respect. In addition, your commitment will be rewarded with excellent rates of pay and a great deal of job satisfaction.
Please note that employment will be subject to excellent references and an enhanced DBS disclosure being obtained.
Closing Date: 27th November 2019
Hours are between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday in school term time (8 hours per day) and in school holidays 2 hours per week.